Mascara is not just for women! In fact, there are many great mascaras out there designed specifically for men. If you’re looking to add a little more drama and definition to your lashes, then a good mascara is definitely the way to go.
With so many different brands and types of mascara on the market, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. That’s why we’ve put together this guide to choosing the best mascara for men.
So read on to learn everything you need to know about finding the perfect mascara for your needs.
What is mascara & why men should wear it?
Mascara is a cosmetic product that is applied to the eyelashes to make them appear thicker and longer. Some mascaras also contain color, making them useful for darkening eyelashes and eyebrows.
There are many reasons why men should wear mascara. One reason is that it can help to make the eyes look brighter and more awake. Mascara also helps to define the lashes and makes them look thicker and fuller. This can help to open up the eyes and give a more youthful appearance.
Another great reason to wear mascara is that it can help to protect the lashes from damage. Mascara can act as a barrier between the lashes and the environment, preventing them from becoming dried out or damaged.
Lastly, wearing mascara can also be a great way to experiment with different looks. If you’re someone who likes to change up your style often, then mascara is a great way to do that. You can go for a natural look one day and then a more dramatic look the next. Mascara is really versatile like that!
The different types of mascaras available for men:
The different types of mascaras available for men include:
- Waterproof Mascara: This type of mascara is designed to stay on your lashes even if you get caught in the rain or cry. It usually contains a waterproofing agent that helps to keep the mascara from running or smudging.
- Regular Mascara: This type of mascara is not waterproof and will run or smudge if it gets wet.
- Mascara Primer: A mascara primer is a type of makeup that you put on before you put on your regular mascara. It helps to thicken and lengthen your lashes so that the mascara has something to cling to.
- Mascara Base: A mascara base is a type of makeup that you put on before you put on your regular mascara. It helps to darken your lashes so that the mascara will show up better.
- Thin or Thick Mascara Brush: Mascara brushes come in two different types: thin and thick. Thin brushes are better for reaching the inner corners of your eyes, while thick brushes are better for coating all of your lashes evenly.
How to choose the right mascara for your needs?
There are a few things you should take into consideration when choosing mascara:
- The type of lashes you have. If you have short and stubby lashes, look for a mascara that will add volume and length. If you have long and thick lashes, lengthening mascara will work best.
- The type of curl you want your lashes to have. Mascara can be used to either boost or reduce curl, depending on your preference.
- Your desired level of coverage. Some mascaras provide more buildable coverage than others.
- Your skin type. Some mascaras are better suited for dry or sensitive skin, while others are better for oily or acne-prone skin.
- The type of brush you prefer. Mascara brushes come in different sizes and shapes, so it’s important to choose one that you’re comfortable with.
- The finish you want your mascara to have. Mascara can either be matte or glossy. Glossy mascaras tend to be more volumizing, while matte mascaras tend to be more lengthening.
- Your budget. Mascara ranges in price from drugstore to high-end, so it’s important to choose one that fits your budget.
Mascara is a great cosmetic product for men to use. It can help to make the eyes look brighter and more awake, define the lashes, and protect them from damage. Mascara is also a great way to experiment with different looks. We hope you found this information helpful and that you’re now armed with the knowledge you need to find the perfect product for you.
What are your thoughts on mascara for men? Let us know in the comments below!